Saturday, July 4, 2009

3 Weeks Out & Annapolis Update




Hey guys! Ok, so we're 3 weeks out from the Potomac Cup in Virginia. I'm feeling super pumped about this! Not only because my body keeps improving as the weeks go by, but also because I kinda had an empty victory at the Annapolis last Sunday. You see, there were only 7 people in the open class..Not too big at all, huh? My original idea was for all us 7 open guys to make one class and pick the overall winner from there..Needless to say, they broke us up into our weight categories. I was the only one in my lightweight class. When I went out for the comparison rounds, they moved me to the middleweight class to be compared to the other two competitors. I reality, I won the class; I had better conditioning than the other guys and my posing was superior..However, instead of giving me the middleweight trophy and announcing me as the weight class winner, they announced me as the lightweight winner and took me out there on my own..That stunk a bit..especially since I beat the other two competitors..As far as the overall went, I felt very confident with my conditioning and posing. I felt I had a good shot. The overall favorite was a 44 year-old from the heavyweight class. Thought out-muscled and out-sized, I felt I had better presentation and better separation in my lower body area; our upper body compared in conditioning..All in all, the win was given to him. I took that loss very gracefully, because he was a very good competitor. If we ever cross paths again, I just have to be more conditioned :) Ok, so for this week I'm feeling pretty fantastic. I weighed in on wednesday at 145.2lbs-about 1lbs lighter than my morning weigh in on Sunday..My cardio and eating hasn't changed at all..I'm just going to keep hitting it hard until showtime :) I'm really going to focus on my posing (both mandatories and routine) and also on my getting myself more shredded..I'll update you guys next week on how things are going..That's all for now! 'Til next week :)




Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment