Friday, June 19, 2009

5 weeks out




5 weeks 'til show time, baby!! Man, I can 't wait! I will say that this week has been my favorite week so far; I think the change physique-wise from last week to this week was pretty dramatic. My lower body seems tighter, especially from the glute-ham area. My upper body is feeling full and I can feel my skin just getting tighter. It definitely makes me push harder in my preparation. When I weighed in on Wednesday, I was 148.2lbs. I'm right on target as far as my weight loss, and my strength has gone down very slightly. The major changes that happened this week came from an increase in my HIIT cardio, an increase in my low intensity cardio, and a slight decrease in my overall carbohydrate intake. The changes were subtle, but I am happy with the outcome. Another change that happened was changing to sprints for my HIIT cardio. Doing intervals of those really got my whole body sore! I can't wait to give them another shot on Sunday :) I definitely need to remember to warm-up properly and stretch after; it's been years since I've sprinted and the last thing I'd want to do is pull a hammie. I'll be competing in the NGA Annapolis next Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to getting onstage and feeling out how I feel with my overall presentation and physique. Well, 'til next week! :)




Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment